The Melbourne Outrigger Canoe Club News
An Invitation to the AGM
It’s that time again where we are required to do our legal duties and hold the Melbourne Outrigger Canoe Club AGM. WHEN: Saturday August 26th TIME: 9 – 10am (The AGM will run from 9 – 10 and then the August committee meeting which all are welcome to attend will run from 10 – 11am) WHERE: The Multi-purpose room up stairs at the club house We encourage all members to attend the AGM please RSVP here (https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/mocc-agm-tickets-36510154856)
AGM Agenda and Nominations
The 2017 AGM agenda can be found here (https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5dd09a17134f380b728fb36ed/files/c026f573-7a13-4ede-b823-b90f6bd4215a/MOCC_AGM_AGENDA_2017.pdf) please ensure you review the agenda as this year we have put forward a motion regarding membership fees and an equipment levy. You can also review last year’s AGM minutes here (https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5dd09a17134f380b728fb36ed/files/db65b2a5-2d21-4270-b160-60c35e820160/MOCC_AGM_Minutes_2016.pdf)
The MOCC committee has a history of stoic hard working volunteers who love nothing more than to fill their week nights with meetings and to organise stuff so everyone can enjoy training and racing! If you would like to be one of these stand up members of the community or think there is someone in the club who you think should be on the committee please complete the nomination form (https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5dd09a17134f380b728fb36ed/files/2bd84298-3c9a-4c59-bcfc-dbdca7cb145c/MOCC_AGM_NOMINATION_FORM.01.pdf) and email to email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE!
End of Season Fun and Awards! Please put Saturday 2nd of September in your your diaries for the 2016/2017 end of season secret squirrel function. Information I can share at this stage. * Meet at the club house (time to be confirmed) * Be ready to paddle * Bring a change of clothes. * End of Season Awards will be presented More details to come but we hope to see you all there for some cheeky fun! To prepare for the awards however we do require you to vote for you who think this year’s Paddler’s Choice award winner should be. Please register your vote here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KNQZKZR) voting will be open until Friday the 25th of August. Last year’s Paddler’s Choice.. Tulia!
The new season will officially kick off on Saturday 9 of September! Woo Hoo! Official training will be Saturday 8am and Tuesday and Thursdays at 6pm. There will be plenty of seats with our new fleet of V3’s and the repairs to the Geelong Canoe will also be sea worthy!
MOCC Member in the Spotlight
Due to the inconsistency of the newsletter (blush) the Member of the Month has been changed to the MOCC Member in the Spotlight. This editions Member under the bright lights is Stacey Brown as nominated by Aaron Edwards in the last edition.
- How long have you been paddling for and why did you start? I have been paddling 4 years. Wanted to meet people when we moved to cairns and get back into fitness
- Beer or Wine? Beer all the way. If there is no be then wine will do.
- Favourite Food? Mexican and thai
- If you weren’t paddling what sport would you do? Isn’t beer drinking a sport. Would love to get back into golf.
- Favourite training session? Love sprints. The high intensity.
- Favourite race to date? My favorite race would be in PNG. We were flown up to race/train against the pacific games PNG team. Who won gold at the games.
- What races do you want to do in the future? Would love to do Alcatraz and the liberty challenge in the states. 8. Who do you nominate for the next edition? Sulu Nanai